Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is a not-for-profit organization serving the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn. Its mission is to assist critical programs, institutions and ministries that further the Church’s mission in Brooklyn and Queens through financial support and counsel while developing and administering Foundation resources prudently and consistent with Catholic teachings. The mission of Futures in Education is to ensure that the gift of an excellent Catholic education continues to be a viable option for current and future generations of deserving students in Brooklyn and Queens by providing tuition assistance and program support to the neediest of students and academies.
Catholic Foundation seeks a mission-driven Advancement Officer. S/he will be responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of individual and foundation gifts, along with executing the strategy for a comprehensive annual giving program that encompasses direct mail, grant applications, events, and special solicitation campaigns.
The successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills as well as good writing and communication capabilities and will work closely and collaboratively with the Director of Mission Advancement and her team.
- In collaboration with the Director of Mission Advancement, execute a cultivation and solicitation plan identifying major gifts prospects;
- Develop research profiles for donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations;
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of prospects for annual and restricted gifts (gift capacity $1,000 – $10,000), including renewals and upgrades;
- Prepare grant applications for corporations and foundations;
- Manage and grow a portfolio of mid-sized donors;
- Write and edit foundation grant proposals, major donor proposals, annual fund and special solicitation campaigns, newsletter articles and acknowledgements;
- Aid in the planning of special events;
- Guide parishes, schools and other affiliated organizations within the Diocese of Brooklyn in their fundraising efforts;
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement.
- Experience working with donors and/or prospects, developing appropriate cultivation strategies, moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making cold prospecting calls, and maintaining stewardship contacts;
- Proven ability to close gifts: a demonstrated record of successful solicitations (completed personally and in partnership with leaders);
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture, but is also sufficiently detail-minded to develop the necessary building blocks to reach the desired goal;
- Strong personal work ethic and commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and fundraising best practices;
- Knowledge and previous use of Raiser’s Edge;
- Reflect optimistic and positive attitude, convey sensitivity to needs of the donors, and maintain donor confidentially;
- Progressive related experience in fundraising with individuals, corporations or foundations;
- Excellent communication (speaking, writing, presentation, and listening) skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.