Imagine working for an organization that positively impacts the lives of many of the 1.5 million Catholics who reside in Brooklyn and Queens in 186 parishes. Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is a nonprofit organization financially supporting the spiritual, educational and social needs of the Catholic community and beyond in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Its sister organization, Futures in Education, provides scholarship opportunities to families in financial need, regardless of religious denomination, who could not otherwise afford to send their children to the 103 Catholic elementary and high schools in Brooklyn and Queens. Each year, $7 million in scholarships are awarded to near 5,000 students. Another $4 million in grants are awarded from the Foundation. You have the chance to work in a friendly team environment, where you can make a difference every day.
Seeking a full-time program coordinator to help facilitate the distribution of scholarships to students in Brooklyn and Queens Catholic schools and academies. This position is responsible for answering a high volume of calls and emails, as well as performing other tasks that include extensive communication and follow-up with school administration, review of scholarship cases and service to parents/guardians of scholarship applicants. The position will report to the Associate Director of Programs.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders – donors, school administration, academy boards, applicant families, Office of Superintendent and third party scholarship vendor
- Educates and communicates to families and schools/academies on procedures and eligibility requirements
- Helps coordinate correspondence and documentation, which is shared with the key stakeholders, including announcements to schools/academies, application instructions, correspondence to families, etc.
- Evaluates and manages case files of families and students accordingly, using established policy to make decisions on proposed awards for eligible families
- Handles high volume of calls and emails from schools, parents and inquiring applicants regarding scholarship status reports and application processing status
- Conducts basic data entry tasks, especially processing of a high volume of information needed to verify scholarship applications
- Updates and presents to management reports for all scholarship programs
- Maintains highest level of satisfaction with donors participating in scholarship programs
- Prepares documentation from programs that is shared with donors
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by the Associate Director of Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum two years of equivalent experience with a proven track record in a related field
- Ability to handle high volume of calls and significant amounts of data.
- Basic knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church, its tenets, structure, beliefs and attitudes
- Ability to communicate with parents, donors, in person, by telephone or in written communications. Bilingual Spanish required.
- Computer proficient and working knowledge of programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Raisers’ Edge and/or comparable software programs
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: HRemployment@diobrook.org