ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL FIELD DIRECTOR
Imagine working for an organization that positively impacts the lives of many of the 1.5 million Catholics who reside in Brooklyn and Queens in 186 diverse parishes. Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is a nonprofit organization financially supporting the spiritual, educational and social needs of the Catholic community and beyond in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Through its $70 million in endowment funds, $4 million in grants are awarded from the Foundation each year. Catholic Foundation also oversees the $8 million/year Annual Catholic Appeal for the Diocese of Brooklyn. The Foundation’s sister organization, Futures in Education, provides scholarship opportunities to families in financial need, regardless of religious denomination, who could not otherwise afford to send their children to the 102 Catholic elementary and high schools in Brooklyn and Queens. Each year, $7 million in scholarships are awarded to 5,000 students. At Catholic Foundation, you have the chance to work in a friendly team environment, where you can make a difference every day.
Seeking a full-time Field Director responsible for coordinating local parish fundraising efforts as part of the overall development plan for the Diocese of Brooklyn Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA). The ACA is the annual fund for the Diocese of Brooklyn. Funds raised are used to run the essential programs and ministries of the Diocese. The Field Director will be responsible for a portfolio of parishes, tasked with assisting each to reach their annual goal. The position will report to the Annual Catholic Appeal Director.
- Meet regularly with pastors to design a tailored approach in order to help the parish reach its fundraising goals
- Develop and implement timeline and strategies for increasing participation in assigned parishes
- Analyze parish and donor data trends to identify potential major gift donors and create individual parish plans
- Work with parishioners to solicit feedback, create local case components and obtain donor impact testimonials and stories
- Attend weekly staff meetings and report on individual parish progress
- Identify and advance prospects who have the capacity for greater giving
- Prepare customized letters and materials for each parish
- Be an advocate for the Annual Catholic Appeal, emphasizing its importance
- Help pastor to establish volunteer teams and engage/train them in development efforts
- Participate in meetings at the parishes, which will include weekends and evenings
- Assist with the coordination of Annual Catholic Appeal events
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by the Annual Catholic Appeal Director
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum two years of equivalent experience with a proven track record in a related field
- Basic knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church, its tenets, structure, beliefs and attitudes
- Ability to communicate with pastors, donors and key parish constituents in person, by telephone or in written communications. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Computer proficient and working knowledge of programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Raisers’ Edge and/or comparable software programs
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.