Year XIII Application Guidelines 2023-2024 for the Catholic Youth Ministry Initiative
Application Opens: Friday, January 27, 2023
Deadline for Submission: Friday, March 3, 2023
We are pleased to announce that funding is once again available for Brooklyn and Queens parishes to be a part of the Catholic Youth Ministry Initiative! Below are some guidelines to consider before applying. It is important to note that funding is limited, and the Foundation may not be able to cover all requests received as was done in past years. If you have questions, please call us at 718-965-7375.
1. Grant funding will cover part of the salary and salary related expenses of a youth minister. Other program costs for activities, use of space, etc. are the responsibility of the applying parish(es).
2. By applying, the parish(es) commit to implement or continue a comprehensive youth ministry program as outlined by the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry. This will also entail participation in mandatory in-person and virtual workshops.
3. Upon grant approval, the job search process, if needed for a qualified youth minister must be conducted immediately by the participating parish(es). The start date is September 1.
4. Grant applicants must be current on all Diocese of Brooklyn Safe Environment requirements.
5. Awards will be granted in a range from $7,500 to $20,000 per parish per year for a three-year period based on:
- The potential number of youth who will participate
- The number of parishes included on the application
- Past successes/metrics of an existing program
6. For multi-parish grants, one parish must serve as the point of contact and will thus be the hiring entity and the recipient of the funding.
7. A progress report will be required twice a year and may include onsite/virtual visits.
8. Grant payments will be made in two installments as follows:
- First payment – October (up to 50% of grant amount, upon receipt of required documents)
- Second payment – March (up to 50% of grant amount based on actual cost, upon receipt of interim review reports and/or other required documents)
9. As the Generations of Faith capital campaign has concluded, funding of new applicants is limited. Priority will be given to parishes that best articulate their vision for a youth ministry program, demonstrate financial need and have not previously been awarded a grant. For previously awarded grantees, the success of the existing program will be considered.
The submitted application will be reviewed by a committee who will make funding recommendations to Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens. The Foundation will notify applicants of the final decision on or before June 1, 2023.