Lent Youth Essay Contest 2023
In the spirit of the Lenten season, and in celebration of its 25th anniversary, Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is excited to present its first essay contest for Catholic youth!
We invite those involved in any Catholic Youth Group in Brooklyn and Queens to participate
First, Second, and Third place winners will be awarded the following:
- First Prize: $250 Essay will be featured in the Tablet newspaper.
- Second Prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card
- Third Prize: $50 Amazon Gift Card
Please write a 500–600-word essay on the following:
Lent: A Time where I sacrifice something good for something better
Questions to ask yourself as you write:
- What have you given up for Lent in the past? What are you giving up this year?
- What does sacrifice mean to you? Why is it important to sacrifice during Lent?
- How does sacrificing your family, church, or community deepen your relationship with Christ?