Year XI Application Guidelines 2021- 2022 for the Catholic Youth Ministry Initiative
Application Opens: Monday, January 18, 2021
Deadline for Submission: Monday, March 1, 2021
- Applications are for funding the salary and salary related expenses (ex: benefits) of a part-time or full-time youth minister. Costs for local activities, use of space, etc. are the responsibility of the applying parish(es).
- By submitting an application, the commitment of applying parish(es) is to implement a comprehensive youth ministry program as outlined by the Secretariat for Evangelization & Catechesis over a three year period and beyond. This will also entail participation in mandatory workshops via in-person and/or virtual during each year. A schedule will be provided upon approval.
- Upon grant approval, the job search process for a qualified youth minister must be conducted immediately by the participating parish(es). The start date is Sept. 1.
- Awards will be granted in a range from $7,500 to $20,000 per parish per year for a three-year period based on:
- The potential number of youth who will participate
- The number of parishes included on the application
- The identified need for a full-time or part-time minister
- The grant is renewable for an additional three-year period at a minimum rate of 50% of the original grant amount.
- Availability for workday professional development sessions are critical to the initiative.
- For multi-parish grants, one parish must serve as the point of contact and will thus be the hiring entity and the recipient of the funding.
- A progress report will be required twice a year and may include onsite/virtual visits.
- Grant payments will be made in two installments as follows:
- First payment – October (50% of grant amount, upon receipt of required documents)
- Second payment – March (up to 50% of grant amount based on actual cost, upon receipt of interim review reports and/or other required documents)
- Priority will be given to parishes in under-represented deaneries.
- Grant applicants must be current on all Diocese of Brooklyn Safe Environment requirements.
The submitted application will be reviewed by a committee who will make funding recommendations to Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens. The Foundation will notify applicants of the final decision on or before June 1, 2021.
Please note: If you are accepted, all participating pastors/administrators must attend a kickoff meeting in June 2021. Date to be determined.