Catholic Foundation 2020/2021 Grant Application Guidelines
Application Open: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Deadline for Submission: Saturday, February 15, 2020
1. Applications should evidence a specific need that the organization is unable to fund fully.
2. Grant awards will not exceed 80% of the overall cost of the project or program.
3. The maximum grant award amount will be:
- $10,000 for individual organization requests
- $30,000 for multiple organizations within a deanery
4. Priority will be given to:
- Innovative projects/programs that may be replicated elsewhere in the Diocese
- Multi-organization requests that benefit the community in the whole deanery
- Requests that most closely demonstrate fulfillment of the funds’ mission:
- Bishop John Loughlin Fund for Evangelization and Religious Education
- Archbishop Bryan J. McEntegart Fund for Catholic Education
- Saint John Paul II Fund for Lay Leadership Formation
- Bishop Charles E. McDonnell Fund for Priestly Vocations
5. Catholic Foundation will consider limited technology-related requests for funding. In order to be considered for a technology request, quotes from at least three providers must be included with the application submission. Please note the following exceptions:
- Schools and Academies must go through DeSales Media Group for internal WiFi wiring and tablet requests (iPads and Chromebooks).
- Parishes must go through DeSales Media Group for tablet requests (iPads and Chromebooks). WiFi wiring of parishes is not currently being offered.
- For more information on how to apply, please contact DeSales Media Group at www.ctnbq.org
The Catholic Telemedia Network
DeSales Media Group, Inc.
Gina Krainchich, Director of Educational Media Services
718-499-9705 ext. 304
6. Multi-year funding requests up to three years will be considered but will require re-submission of the application each year, demonstrating results.
7. All anticipated expenses must be completely documented.
8. Catholic Foundation reserves the right to require site visits to grant applicants.
9. Grant applicants must be current on all Diocese of Brooklyn Safe Environment requirements.
10. Compliance Note: Grant applications will be denied for applicants who did not submit the required reports or receipts when awarded in previous grant cycles.
11. Grant applications will only be accepted via online submission. www.catholicfoundationbq.org/grants
The submitted application will be reviewed by a committee who will make funding recommendations to the Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens. Award notices will be communicated on or before May 31, 2020. Grantees will receive important details regarding disbursement policies as part of the correspondence, which must be followed to ensure timely reimbursement.