Adopted from the Catholic Youth Ministry Initiative started by the Generations of Faith Capital Campaign, Generations serves to provide individual giving opportunities for those who wish to fund programs designed to empower young people to encounter Jesus and grow in their faith.
Programs administered by the Diocese of Brooklyn, in many cases through partnerships with like-minded organizations, connect young people to the faith at various stages of their lives:
- Junior high school
- High school
- Post-college and young professional life
The primary mission of Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is to further the mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Monies raised from Generations will fund efforts led by the Diocese’s Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry to transform our young people from disciples to apostles – empowering them to be active parishioners tasked with spreading the gospel message.
Catholic Youth & Young Adult Ministry in Brooklyn and Queens serves to:
- Empower young people in answering the call to holiness by becoming active members of the Church.
- Cultivate a spirit of apostolic mission among young people and transform them from disciples to apostles.
- Revitalize the formation of youth ministers and other young leaders in the Church.
- Strengthen the youth groups in our Brooklyn and Queens parishes.