Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens and its sister organization, Futures in Education, support the development efforts of the many ministries and programs run throughout the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn. At Futures, there is a special focus on ensuring that the gift of an excellent Catholic education continues to be a viable option for current and future generations of deserving students in Brooklyn and Queens by providing tuition assistance and program support to the neediest of students and academies. Almost 5,000 students each year, whose families face financial difficulties, receive scholarships from Futures in Education for Catholic school.
There is an open position of an Advancement Officer, who will be responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of individual and foundation gifts, along with executing the strategy for a comprehensive annual giving program that encompasses direct mail, grant applications, events, and special solicitation campaigns. This individual will also assist our elementary schools and academies with their development efforts.
The successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills as well as strong communication capabilities and will work closely and collaboratively with the Director of Mission Advancement and her team.
- Develop research profiles for donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations;
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of prospects for annual and restricted gifts (gift capacity $1,000 – $10,000), including renewals and upgrades;
- Manage and grow a portfolio of mid-sized donors;
- Aid in the planning of special events;
- Guide schools and academies within the Diocese of Brooklyn in their fundraising efforts;
- Work regularly with the academy development committees, at different phases to assist with development strategies and to review results;
- Coordinate major gift outreach in collaboration with the academy development committees, utilizing Futures in Education development programs;
- Manage database activity and mass-mailing solicitations for schools and academies;
- Foster relationships between the academy development committees and the Office of the Superintendent to ensure the academies have the direction and resources required to remain in line with Preserving the Vision goals;
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement.
- Experience working with donors and/or prospects, developing appropriate cultivation strategies, moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making cold prospecting calls, and maintaining stewardship contacts;
- Proven ability to close gifts: a demonstrated record of successful solicitations (completed personally and in partnership with leaders);
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture, but is also sufficiently detail-minded to develop the necessary building blocks to reach the desired goal;
- Strong personal work ethic and commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and fundraising best practices;
- Knowledge and previous use of Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management systems;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Teams;
- Reflect optimistic and positive attitude, convey sensitivity to needs of the donors, and maintain donor confidentially;
- Excellent communication (speaking, writing, presentation, and listening) skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to travel to meet at various academy locations
- Required to work nights and weekends where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.