Year XII Application Guidelines 2022- 2023 for the Catholic Youth Ministry Initiative
Application Opens: Monday, January 17, 2022
Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
1. Applications are for funding the salary and salary related expenses (ex: benefits) of a part-time or full-time youth minister. Other program costs for local activities, use of space, etc. are the responsibility of the applying parish(es).
2. By submitting an application, the commitment of applying parish(es) is to implement a comprehensive youth ministry program as outlined by the Secretariat for Evangelization & Catechesis over a three-year period and beyond. This will also entail participation in mandatory workshops via in-person and/or virtual during each year. A schedule will be provided upon approval.
3. Upon grant approval, the job search process for a qualified youth minister must be conducted immediately by the participating parish(es). The start date is September 1.
4. Grant applicants must be current on all Diocese of Brooklyn Safe Environment requirements.
5. Awards will be granted in a range from $7,500 to $20,000 per parish per year for a three-year period based on:
- The potential number of youth who will participate
- The number of parishes included on the application
- The identified need for a full-time or part-time minister
6. Provided the parish continues to meet all grant requirements, the grant is renewable for an additional three-year period at a minimum rate of 50% of the original grant amount.
7. For multi-parish grants, one parish must serve as the point of contact and will thus be the hiring entity and the recipient of the funding.
8. A progress report will be required twice a year and may include onsite/virtual visits.
9. Grant payments will be made in two installments as follows:
- First payment – October (up to 50% of grant amount, upon receipt of required documents)
- Second payment – March (up to 50% of grant amount based on actual cost, upon receipt of interim review reports and/or other required documents)
10. As the Generations of Faith capital campaign has concluded, funding of new applicants is limited. Priority will be given to parishes that best articulate their vision for a youth ministry program, demonstrate financial need and have not previously been awarded a grant.
The submitted application will be reviewed by a committee who will make funding recommendations to Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens. The Foundation will notify applicants of the final decision on or before June 1, 2022.
Please note: If you are accepted, all participating pastors/administrators must attend a kickoff meeting in June 2022. Date to be determined.